Veterinary Dental Instrument Sharpening Service
Send your instruments to our veterinary dental clinic for sharpening and revival! Veterinary Dental Sharpening Service will professionally sharpen your delicate dental instruments (scalers, curettes, elevators, and periosteal elevators) to useable if not almost new condition. Instruments will be returned cleaned, sterilized, and ready for use. Guaranteed 2 week turnaround.
Guaranteed 2 Week Turnaround
Maintaining dental instruments is critical for efficient and proper dental cleanings. Sharp instruments are more efficient and less traumatizing to the teeth and soft tissues. More importantly, it has been shown that dull instruments simply burnish the calculus as opposed to actually removing it. This gives the illusion of a clean tooth which is actually still infected.
Ask yourself these questions to help you determine if using our instrument sharpening service would be beneficial to your practice and assuring your instruments are maintained properly:
- Are the instruments you have more than 6 months old?
- Does your staff know how to sharpen?
- Have you sent dental instruments to your scissor sharpener only to have them returned damaged?
- Would you like to avoid replacing your instruments?
When you send your instruments to us to sharpen, Veternary Dental Instrument Sharpening Service will professionally sharpen your delicate dental instruments (scalers, curettes, elevators, and periosteal elevators) to useable if not almost new condition. Instruments will be returned cleaned, sterilized, and ready for use.
- Cost of the sharpening service is $5 per instrument, plus shipping.
- Outgoing shipping is at your cost. Return shipping is $10 for 1-10 instruments and $15 for more than 10 instruments.
- If the instrument is not salvageable, the cost of inspection/attempt is $3.00.
How it Works:
- Download and complete ALL information on this document which includes instrument list and credit card authorization information.
- Pack your instruments along with the packing slip and ship to:
San Diego Veterinary Dental Training Center
5775 Chesapeake Court
San Diego, CA 92123
- Your instruments will be returned to you within two weeks, sharpened and ready to use.
- We recommend personalizing your instruments prior to shipping.
Note, bringing a very dull instrument back to a sharp edge and useful condition is very hard to impossible. If no sharpening has been performed for months to years, it may be best to purchase new instruments and maintain the new instruments.